Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Before I forget........

I intend to focus on some of the seriously unthinking things people have said to me since the beginning of this. Since I had another ripper occur just the other day, i thought I better get it down before I forget - Chemo brain" is real, and I will forget so here 'tis.

Last week I had occasion to pick up a significant quantity of drugs from the pharmacy in the hospital I attend weekly for treatment. Since I have no hair, wear a bandanna, and hobble about on crutches, not to mention the type of drugs I was collecting, I think most people would have no trouble picking me as a cancer patient! Further since amongst these drugs there were 12 boxes of methadone, a trained pharmacist should, have no trouble surmising that my condition was also terminal. APPARENTLY NOT - since as she was toting up the cost she asked me how long I had been sick for? When I replied 4 years she said "Goodness it does drag on doesn't it" to which I was thankfully quick enough to pick my jaw up off the floor in time to respond "I bloody hope so" by which time the transaction was over, I left quickly, but with an unkind picture in my head of her going into the back room, and banging her head repeatedly into a door frame, screaming nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Ya gotta laugh!

No comments: